Windsor Heights Lutheran Church has a strong commitment to sharing what God has given us.
- Join a ministry committee. Contact us to learn more!
- Serve in worship, such as helping with:
- Assist on our busy Wednesday Evenings, with things such as:
- Be a reading or math buddy at one of our neighborhood schools
Here are some ways we serve God by serving others in the community:
- Serving supper at Central Iowa Shelter and Services on the 11th of each month
- Help with Family Promise (housing homeless families at the church)
- Sit with a Mosaic resident in worship (Saturday at 5:30, Sunday at 10:45).
- Deliver food collected at WHLC to the DMARC Food Pantry.
- Work on building homes through Habitat for Humanity in Des Moines.
- Support the work of Lutheran Services in Iowa.
Interested in volunteering? WHLC members can sign up, volunteer to serve, and see when they are scheduled to serve on our Volunteer Schedule.
Time & Talent Survey
What gifts and talents can you see yourself using to contribute to the health and vitality of WHLC? Take a moment to fill out the time and talent survey right HERE, and we’ll get you connected to meaningful opportunities for service.
In gratitude for God’s grace, we offer what we have first received–our selves, our time, and our possessions–in sharing God’s love with the world.